My DevSummit presentation is online!
Starting with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF
ArcGIS Runtime is the new lightweight easy to deploy cross platform GIS framework to host your maps, Geoprocessing services and other services. As of this writing, the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF is in BETA 2, but the future for ArcGIS Runtime is bright and it will probably play a big role in stand-alone client applications in the near future. We have been using the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF since November 2011 (Beta 1), and are one of the first groups to actively use it in a project to move an existing Esri-based Win-Forms application to the new Runtime. In this presentation, you will learn how to get started with ArcGIS Runtime and see what we have learned so far. Topics covered include:
- A (very) short introduction into the ArcGIS Runtime and how to obtain ArcGIS Runtime
- How the ArcGIS Runtime works (behind the scenes)
- Debugging approach
- Demonstrate an application using ArcGIS Runtime
- Executing a Geoprocessing Task (hosted within a GP package) and displaying the results
- Current known limitations (due to BETA status)
- Tips and Tricks
A big part of the presentation is still valid on the latest release of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF, which is currently Prerelease.